How to use iCloud for android devices? It is answered in this article. iCloud is an easy service launched by the Apple company. It was created in order to make the synchronization of the information and documents easily among the devices where the data are stored in and shared through the cloud. Due to the advancement in the technology, we have been using multiple devices and the sharing of the documents has been the most among these devices. So, as per the need Apple company had launched this service of iCloud on October 12, 2011, to the people.
Along with the storage of data, iCloud also stores the email messages, saves the contacts as well as the calendar entries. You can easily synchronize your information easily from any devices with the help of the iCloud, no matter where you are and from which device you logged in. The only thing is, you have to connect your device to the iCloud through your Apple ID you have created and synced the information before. One can get a free storage of 5 GB logged in with the devices like iPhone or iPod, Mac or other iOS devices. If this five GB is not enough for the user, then he can increase the storage capacity of the iCloud service up to fifty GB by purchasing the premium package.
HOW TO USE ICLOUD FOR ANDROID DEVICES?
As this service has been introduced by the Apple Company, people think that the iCloud service runs only on the Apple products such as iPhone, iPod Touch, Mac computers and others but people can access the iCloud service even with the android devices. The iCloud service actually doesn’t run directly on the android devices but it is not difficult either.
- To set up the iCloud on the android, first find out the host server of your account of the iCloud. For this, you can access your calendar. Select the public calendar option by clicking the available sharing icons next to it.
- You will be given with a URL. For example webcal://pXX-Calendarws.icloud.com. The server number is represented by the pXX which could be p02 or p01. You will need this later so you can remember or note it down.
- Now, for the next step, you need to make sure if your device supports the CalDAV or the CardDAV protocols and if it doesn’t support, then you need to download it.
- You can download the apps like Caldav Sync Free Beta and the CardDAV-Sync Free Beta. This allows you to synchronize the information.
- After downloading the application, you can replace the “Calendarws” present in the server of the calendar with the “Contacts” to access the contact setting. Then select the option to use the SSL and type your username which is the email of your iCloud and its password in the required field.
- We had just done it for the contacts. You can do the same for the calendar but you have to use: pXX-caldav.iCloud.com. It is used for the server of the calendar. The settings can be updated through the calendar app available on your device.
Hence, to access the iCloud service through an android device is a tricky way. You can enjoy the service of synchronization of the information applying this method. These are the easy steps showing how to use iCloud for android devices. If you have any queries related with how to use iCloud for android devices then you can post them on the comment box down below.
Related article : https://www.icloudloginhelp.net/icloud-for-windows/