Icloud is a popular cloud storage launched by Apple Inc. for the iOS users. By installing it in your Windows, you can easily get an access to your contacts, photos, calendars, files another document from your various other devices like iPhone, iPod or iPad. Anything you store in iCloud will be automatically updated in your iOS devices (iPhone. iPod, iPad or Mac) and personal computer. You can also install the iCloud for Windows on your windows PC or Laptops and remain connected with other apple devises with same icloud account.
You can enjoy many features offered by iCloud after installing it in your Windows. The steps for the iCloud for Windows installation and set up are provided here.
Steps to Install iCloud For Windows
- First of all you will need to download it from the internet. So, open any of your web browser in your computer and get to the download page or you can access it by navigating this link:- https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283.
- After downloading it, it will automatically start to install in your device. If it does not then open the File Explorer and then go to the iCloud Setup.
- Now restart your computer.
- Then go to your Start menu and then open Apps or Programs and go to iCloud for Windows.
- Sign in to iCloud using your Apple ID and password.
- Now you will provided with the options of iCloud features you would like to use. Select them as your wish and then the selected contents will be updated in your all other devices.
- At last click on the “Apply” button.
Some of the Key Features of iCloud for Windows
- You can update the iCloud preferences. That means you can view the total iCloud storage being used and then clear the unwanted items to free your storage. The storage plan can also be updated at any time.
- One of the popular feature is My Photo Stream. When you capture any photos from your iPhone, iPod or iPad then all the photos will automatically downloaded in your Windows computer. Similarly, when you include any photos in your computer’s My Photo Stream folder then those photos will be made available in all of your other devices.
- All your iCloud mail, Calendars, Reminders and Contacts will be kept updated in your iOS devices, Personal Computer and Mac.
- You can share your photos and videos with the people you like with iCloud Photo Sharing. You can also allow your friends to add the videos and photos on it.
- You are provided with feature called iCloud Drive where you can store your various files. All the files stored there can easily be accessed from other devices at any time you need.