iCloud is a free storage space provided by the Apple Inc. The iCloud is available in various Operating System (OS) like macOS, iOS and it is also available in Microsoft Windows 7 and later versions of Windows. iCloud was first not available in Windows but after the Windows 7 version it was also available in Windows Operating System (OS) as well.
The main service provided by the iCloud is that it provides its users some free storage space, so that the user will be able to store their some files in that storage and help to maintain their Phones storage. They will be able to store various data and documents like all their file, documents, images, videos, contacts and many more n their iCloud safely. And they will also be able to access all those stored files, documents, images, videos, contacts and many more from various devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac and PC.
Sometimes your iCloud free storage space may get filled up and you might want to clear that storage space if the stored files are not very important if you don’t want to buy additional iCloud storage. Once you clear your iCloud storage space then it will remove or delete all the files, data and documents that you have previously stored.
If you want to clear iCloud storage, then you can simply follow these steps:
- At first you will need to unlock your Apple devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod touch. After this you will just need to search for the settings options on your Apple device’s home screen.
- As you find the settings options you will just need to tap on it to get it open. As the settings options gets opened it will provide you numerous setting options.
- Among all those setting options you will need to search the iCloud settings option. For this you will need to scroll down the screen of your Apple devices. As you get to see the iCloud setting options, now you will just need to tap on that setting option.
- As you tap on the iCloud setting options you will get to see a new screen with some more other setting options like mails, contacts, calendars, photos and many more.
- Now you will need to ignore all these setting options and scroll down your Apple device’s screen. Then you will get to see an options called “Storage and Backup”. Now you will just need to tap on that “storage and back up” options.
- As you tap on that options you will get to see detail information about your iCloud storage like total storage, available storage and many more. You will also get to see many more setting options like “manage storage”, “iCloud backup” and many others.
- Now you will just need to tap on the “manage storage” setting option. As you tap on that option you will get to see back up devices, documents and data you have stored and many more.
- After this you will need to select the device on which your iCloud account is logged in. Most probably there will be only one options available. Now you will just need to tap on that device.
- As you tap on that device you will get to see more details about the iCloud account space size. Like which app or documents or files and taking how much storage space.
- In those app you will also get to see the toggle button. If you turn on the toggle button then you won’t be able to back up your related files in the iCloud. Similarly if you turn on the toggle button then your data related to that option will be backed up automatically in your iCloud account.
- But for clearing your iCloud storage you will just need to scroll your Apple device screen little more, then you will get to see another option that is “Delete backup” in red colored text.
- Now you will just need to tap on that button or option. Once you tap on that button then it will provide you a message with two button on it. Now you will just need to read the message carefully. After this you will get to see two button that are “Turn off and delete” and cancel.
- Now you will just need to tap on the first button that is “Turn off and delete” Once you click on this button then all the toggles button above will be turned off due to which at next time your any kind of file won’t be backed up on your iCloud storage and at the same time it will also delete all the stored data from your iCloud storage account.
- And if you tap on the second button that is “Cancel” button. Then the iCloud storage clearing process will be canceled and your iCloud storage won’t be cleared.
These are the steps that will help you to clear your iCloud storage space from your any Apple devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and many more. Once you clear all the storage then you won’t be able to get previously stored files on your iCloud storage.