iCloud is widely used all around the world by the iOS device users. The cloud storage service is popular for the features like storing the various files including photos and videos and then make it available in all iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod or Mac and Windows computer. Likewise it offers features like managing the lost or stolen iOS devices, iCloud email, calendar, Contacts and others. The Apple service provider introduced another service for the iOS device users named as iCloud Keychain which is the password management system for iOS devices.
iCloud Keychain is available in the iOS 7 devices in which you can store your accounts names, passwords and credit card numbers in the iCloud servers. It is saved under the 256 bit AES encryption and then the stored information can be shared between other iOS devices that uses the same iCloud account. It means that keychain helps you to use the same password in an iPhone device that you use and store in iPod.
iCloud Keychain has been introduced so that you can use the password in all your devices securely. It can be said as the service for automatic filling ad remembering the password in two or more devices. For example when you store the password in the Safari, then all the entered date will be synced with other devices. To use this feature you should first enable it in your devices. It is very easy to turn it on. You can do it by following the easy steps provided here.
Steps to Set Up iCloud Keychain
- When you set up the iCloud in iOS7 device for the first time, you will be suggested to enable iCloud keychain. In case you have missed it then follow these steps:-
- Open the “Setting” in your device.
- Select and open “iCloud”.
- Now go to iCloud Keychain.
- Toggle it to “On” to activate the function.
- As you turn on the iCloud keychain, you will be asked to sign in to iCLoud. So use your Apple ID and password to sign in.
- You are asked to create a passcode. Most of the people provides the same passcode as they use for unlocking their device. However you are not recommended to use the same because if somebody knows your lock screen code then they can easily get your password and other necessary information including credit card info. So, always create a passcode different from lock screen code for more security.
- Once again go to “Setting”.
- Open “Safari”.
- Go to “Passwords and Auto fill”.
- Now Turn on Names and Passwords. Also turn on Credit Cards.
- Then go to the site where you will need to login and after entering your password, you will be provided with the message that will ask you if you would like to save the information. Click on “Save Password” if you wish to save it.
After setting it up in one device then follow the process to set up in other devices too. It not only used for site passwords, credit cards info but also for Wi-Fi passwords and other account data.
Icloud is a popular cloud storage launched by Apple Inc. for the iOS users. By installing it in your Windows, you can easily get an access to your contacts, photos, calendars, files another document from your various other devices like iPhone, iPod or iPad. Anything you store in iCloud will be automatically updated in your iOS devices (iPhone. iPod, iPad or Mac) and personal computer. You can also install the iCloud for Windows on your windows PC or Laptops and remain connected with other apple devises with same icloud account.
You can enjoy many features offered by iCloud after installing it in your Windows. The steps for the iCloud for Windows installation and set up are provided here.
Steps to Install iCloud For Windows
- First of all you will need to download it from the internet. So, open any of your web browser in your computer and get to the download page or you can access it by navigating this link:- https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283.
- After downloading it, it will automatically start to install in your device. If it does not then open the File Explorer and then go to the iCloud Setup.
- Now restart your computer.
- Then go to your Start menu and then open Apps or Programs and go to iCloud for Windows.
- Sign in to iCloud using your Apple ID and password.
- Now you will provided with the options of iCloud features you would like to use. Select them as your wish and then the selected contents will be updated in your all other devices.
- At last click on the “Apply” button.
Some of the Key Features of iCloud for Windows
- You can update the iCloud preferences. That means you can view the total iCloud storage being used and then clear the unwanted items to free your storage. The storage plan can also be updated at any time.
- One of the popular feature is My Photo Stream. When you capture any photos from your iPhone, iPod or iPad then all the photos will automatically downloaded in your Windows computer. Similarly, when you include any photos in your computer’s My Photo Stream folder then those photos will be made available in all of your other devices.
- All your iCloud mail, Calendars, Reminders and Contacts will be kept updated in your iOS devices, Personal Computer and Mac.
- You can share your photos and videos with the people you like with iCloud Photo Sharing. You can also allow your friends to add the videos and photos on it.
- You are provided with feature called iCloud Drive where you can store your various files. All the files stored there can easily be accessed from other devices at any time you need.
My Photo Stream is one of the widely used feature in iCloud. This feature helps you to view the latest photo that you capture using your iOS devices such like iPad, iPod and iPhone from your personal computer and Mac. If you use iCloud and you have turned on your iCloud Photo Stream then all your recently clicked photos will be updated to the system and then they can later be viewed or downloaded from any of your other devices. The stored photos are available there for thirty days.
iCloud Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Library functions very closely. All the photos are uploaded in iCloud by the iCloud Photo Library and makes it available for the specific dates on various devices. As you have turned on the iCloud Photo Library, then all the photos kept in My Photo Stream from any devices will be available in Photos app in the tab – All Photos. To use My Photo Stream, the user first need to turn on My Photo Stream on their devices.
Steps To Activate iCloud Photo Stream
Steps for iPhone, iPod and iPad
- First of all go to the Setting of your device.
- Then tap on the “iCloud”.
- Select Photos
- Now, turn on My Photo Stream.
- Access the Apple menu of your device.
- Then select System Preferences.
- Now then click on “iCloud”.
- Choose the option – “Photos”.
- Click on the options button and then My Photo Stream is turned on.
- First of all you need to download the iCloud application. You can download it from https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283.
- After downloading, install it in your computer device.
- Now open iCloud for Windows in your computer.
- Now select Photos.
- Click on the Options.
- Choose “My Photo Stream”.
- Then click on “Done”.
- At last click on Apply and then your My Photo Stream is now turned on.
It is very easy to view the photos in My Photo Stream. The steps in different devices are explained here:-
View on iPhone, iPad and iPhone
- For iOS 7 and previous versions
- Select Photo Stream.
- Go to My Photo Stream
- For iOS 8 and latest versions
- Tap on Photos
- Open Albums
- Then select MY Photo Stream.
- For iPhoto 9.4 and previous
- Go to iPhoto.
- Open My Photo Stream
- For Photos 1.0 or latest
- Open Photos
- Select Albums
- Open My Photo Stream
- For iPhoto 9.5 and Aperture
- Go to iPhoto
- Open iCloud
- Select My Photo Stream.
After turning on Photos in computer, Photo folder is automatically created in File Explorer by iCloud for Windows. The folder is named as iCloud Photos. Any photos captured in iOS devices are automatically downloaded. Once the photos are captured through IOS devices then they are uploaded after the application is connected to the internet through Wi-Fi.
My Photo Stream offers the limit number of photos to be uploaded in a particular time. In one hour you can upload up to 1000 photos and in one day, you can upload 10,000 photos. You are able to upload 25,000 photos in one month.