iCloud is a cloud computing service available to the iOS device users. Apple incorporation introduced it on October 2011. iCloud offers many features to its client. Among them iCloud eMail is one of the popular service. By using the iCloud mail, the users can receive, send and manage emails from the mailing application which are available on icloud.com. If you receive any mail on your account and if you make any changes in your folders or inbox, then it will be automatically updated on all your devices.
Even if the most of the users use iCloud on their iPad, iPhone or Mac, sometimes you might need to check your iCloud Mail inbox as they are far from their devices. You can complete the icloud email login process through any devices and for that you can follow these login steps.
iCloud Email Login Steps
- Make sure that you are properly connected to the Internet. Then open any of the available web browser and get to the icloud homepage.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password in the respective boxes to complete the icloud email login steps.
- After logging in to your account, you will be available to use the different features such as mail, calendar, reminders, contacts and others. To enjoy the Mail service, click on the “Mail” icon.
You must have an registered iCloud email address to use the service. Your Apple ID must end with @mac.com, @me.com or @icloud.com. Otherwise you will not be able to use iCLoud email service on iCloud.com so, having an Apple account does not mean that you have access to iCloud Mail. First of all you have to create the iCloud email account. Follow the following steps to create iCloud email account using your Apple ID.
Steps to Create your iCloud Email Account
- In your device, open the “Setting” menu and select iCloud on iOS or go to System Preferences and then select iCloud.
- Now choose the “Mail” option to “Turn on” Mail.
- Properly follow the instructions provided in your screen.
- Now, you will be access to iCloud email login.
After creating an account you will be now able to access iCloud mail from the “Mail” icon on iCloud. Remember that you have to turn on iCloud mail on each devices manually so that iCloud Mail can be accessed from all of your devices.
iCloud is very popular with more than 300 million users from all around the world. It is the cloud storage service mostly used for the sharing files and data between computers, Mac and iOS devices. After signing up for the iCloud, the user will be provided with the 5 GB of the storage facility offered for the free of cost. It can be used for storing Mail, Photo, Backup and others. However, sometimes it might not be enough for all the users. So, iCloud offers more storage capacity for such users. The extra storage more than 5 GB is not offered for free and the user needs to purchase it according to the iCloud Storage Cost.
The iCloud storage capacity can be upgraded by using iPhone, iPod, iPad or Mac. The user have an option to choose the iCloud Storage cost and capacity as of 50 GB, 200 GB or 1 TB. For upgrading the account, the user will need to pay monthly for the use of the service. It is very easy to upgrade for iCLoud Storage.
Steps to Upgrade iCloud Storage
Upgrade using iOS device (iPhone, iPad and iPod)
- Open the “Setting” in your device.
- Go to iCloud and then select Storage.
- Click on “Change Storage Plan” or “Buy More Storage”.
- Select Upgrade and then choose Buy.
- Provide your Apple ID Password.
- Go to Apple menu and then select System Preference.
- Go to iCloud and select Manage.
- Click on “Change Storage Plan” or “Buy More Storage”.
- Select Upgrade.
- Click Next.
- Provide Apple ID and Password.
Upgrade Using Personal Computer
- After opening iCloud for Windows, select “Storage”.
- Now select “Change Storage Plan” and then go to upgrade.
- Click Next.
- Provide Apple ID password.
- Select Buy.
After upgrading the account, the current existing storage plan is canceled and you will be provided with the bills of the new plan. You will be notified with the payment date for the new plan. The email will be sent to you every month before the 7 days of the storage plan is to be made. In case if you feel that you do not need more storage space any more, you are provided with the facility to go for the lower capacity storage plan. According to the new plan, your storage cost will also be changed and the bill will be presented to you according to that.
iCloud Storage Cost
The storage cost for iCloud users is different in different country. The cost for some of the popular countries are mentioned below.
||Cost for 50GB
||Cost for 200GB
||Cost for 1 TB
The above countries are only some of the popular country that has the maximum number of iCloud users. Likewise, there are many countries from all around the world to have the iCloud users. The storage cost differed in every country.
My Photo Stream is one of the widely used feature in iCloud. This feature helps you to view the latest photo that you capture using your iOS devices such like iPad, iPod and iPhone from your personal computer and Mac. If you use iCloud and you have turned on your iCloud Photo Stream then all your recently clicked photos will be updated to the system and then they can later be viewed or downloaded from any of your other devices. The stored photos are available there for thirty days.
iCloud Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Library functions very closely. All the photos are uploaded in iCloud by the iCloud Photo Library and makes it available for the specific dates on various devices. As you have turned on the iCloud Photo Library, then all the photos kept in My Photo Stream from any devices will be available in Photos app in the tab – All Photos. To use My Photo Stream, the user first need to turn on My Photo Stream on their devices.
Steps To Activate iCloud Photo Stream
Steps for iPhone, iPod and iPad
- First of all go to the Setting of your device.
- Then tap on the “iCloud”.
- Select Photos
- Now, turn on My Photo Stream.
- Access the Apple menu of your device.
- Then select System Preferences.
- Now then click on “iCloud”.
- Choose the option – “Photos”.
- Click on the options button and then My Photo Stream is turned on.
- First of all you need to download the iCloud application. You can download it from https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283.
- After downloading, install it in your computer device.
- Now open iCloud for Windows in your computer.
- Now select Photos.
- Click on the Options.
- Choose “My Photo Stream”.
- Then click on “Done”.
- At last click on Apply and then your My Photo Stream is now turned on.
It is very easy to view the photos in My Photo Stream. The steps in different devices are explained here:-
View on iPhone, iPad and iPhone
- For iOS 7 and previous versions
- Select Photo Stream.
- Go to My Photo Stream
- For iOS 8 and latest versions
- Tap on Photos
- Open Albums
- Then select MY Photo Stream.
- For iPhoto 9.4 and previous
- Go to iPhoto.
- Open My Photo Stream
- For Photos 1.0 or latest
- Open Photos
- Select Albums
- Open My Photo Stream
- For iPhoto 9.5 and Aperture
- Go to iPhoto
- Open iCloud
- Select My Photo Stream.
After turning on Photos in computer, Photo folder is automatically created in File Explorer by iCloud for Windows. The folder is named as iCloud Photos. Any photos captured in iOS devices are automatically downloaded. Once the photos are captured through IOS devices then they are uploaded after the application is connected to the internet through Wi-Fi.
My Photo Stream offers the limit number of photos to be uploaded in a particular time. In one hour you can upload up to 1000 photos and in one day, you can upload 10,000 photos. You are able to upload 25,000 photos in one month.
iCloud is a popular cloud storage service for the Apple users. iCloud offers the various facilities like storing and sharing the various files including photos and videos between the computers and iOS devices, managing the lost phones and many others. Its very easy to create New iCloud Account after which you access all the features and services for free.
Steps To Create New iCloud Account
Creating an iCloud Account Using iOS (iPod, iPad or iPhone) Device
- Open “Setting” from menu in your device.
- You will see the various options in your screen. Choose “iCloud” by tapping on it. You will be now get to the iCloud menu of your device.
- If you are already logged in using your Apple ID, you should first log out of it. For that you need to click on “Sign Out”.
- Now after signing out, tap on the “Create a new Apple ID” option to begin the process for creating new icloud account.
- Provide your correct birth date information.
- Now type your name, then you need to provide your email address. Your email address will be used to create Apple ID. You also have an option to create a free iCloud address. You will be using the same address during logging in to your account.
- In the next step, you need to enter the password of your choice. Choose the strong password and confirm it by re-typing.
- Now, choose the 3 security questions and answer it. You should remember them as they will be useful later.
- Provide rescue email. It is optional.
- Agree the terms to complete the process successfully.
Creating an iCloud Account Through Computer
- Open your web browser and go to https://appleid.apple.com/account. You will see a form in your screen.
- Enter your email address in the appropriate box. The same email address will be used as your Apple ID.
- Now choose the strong password for your account and re-type it to confirm.
- Then enter various other information like your first name, last name and birth date.
- Choose any of the 3 security questions and answer it.
- After choosing your email preference, type the Captcha in the box.
- Check your email inbox as you will get email from iCloud which includes the code. After creating an account you will see the window in your screen where you will need to enter the code you received in your email. It is done to verify your account and you will be taken to the Account Management page.
You will successfully create new iCloud account if you have followed the above steps properly. Now you can use it to login to iCloud account and enjoy the services offered.